A simple and effective approach to copying blogs within a multisite network.
- Copy a blog including all its widgets, template settings and more.
- Option to copy or not copy files.
- GUIDs and urls in post contents are migrated automatically.
This plugin was derived from Ron Renneck’s awesome WP Replicator (http://wpebooks.com/replicator/) plugin, although it’s been 90% rewritten. Changes from the original include the following:
- Improved performance on large scale blogs.
- Improved file copy performance and an option in the admin to bypass copying altogether.
- Removed limit of number of blogs that can be used as a copy source.
- Encapsulated the code in a Class and renamed variables to be more readable.
- Revised UI to keep it simple and easy to use.
Sadly the WordPress file management code is not idea for handling the copying of a large folder with subdirectories so we opted to stick with exec(‘cp’). On the flip side, we set up a filter (copy_blog_files_command) so that you can override it with your own custom copy code.
This plugin is actively supported and we will do our best to help you. In return we simply as 3 things:
- Help Out. If you see a question on the forum you can help with or have a great idea and want to code it up and submit a patch, that would be just plain awesome and we will shower your with praise. Might even be a good way to get to know us and lead to some paid work if you freelance. Also, we are happy to post translations if you provide them.
- Donate – if this is generating enough revenue to support our time it makes all the difference in the world https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWM2GF6BQZGSN
- Support us by buying our Premium plugins. In particular, check out our Events Calendar Pro http://tri.be/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/